Thursday, April 19, 2012

So it's now been a week since my "Get in Shape" plan took a whacky turn. Currently, I'm in my " Keep my Leg and my Foot" plan that I wasn't really planning on being a part of. It's still hard to explain how it feels. When I'm laying down with my leg propped up, it feels like I have a very bad sunburn. I can write words on my leg with my finger. When I do stand and all of the blood goes down, I feel like it's crushing my shin, and I'm not sure why. It makes showers very painful. I also have to wrap my arm in cling wrap and tape it so the bandage doesn't get wet.

It's funny when people come by to visit because they aren't used to having a 7 year old non verbal autistic kid in the house. The best have been when we're in the basement and you can see Adams legs come over the railing and poke down to where you can see them and he'll pull himself back up again and his legs will disappear. Most visitors will gasp and try to stop him from hurting himself whereas we're all used to it and have given up trying to stop him because we might actually make him fall. Yesterday the bishop was over checking on me and Adam went upstairs and got some grapes from the fridge. I guess he decided that he didn't want them so he started throwing them over the ledge. They kept coming until Katie ran up and stopped him. Once again, we're used to strange things happening but I don't think he was expecting it. As the bishop left Adam pulled down one of our blinds. I'm wondering if we've scared him away. Other than that, my leg is still just as swollen and it's going to be a long time before I think I'm going back to work. Still very bizarre as to how this is all happening.

Does one leg look redder than the other?


2 comments:

  1. Well, at least "keep your leg and foot" is an upgrade from "save your life" right? I hope the doc tries something new today and your foot responds. We're all prayig for you - and kid prayers get answered faster than adult ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelley, I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

      Delete