Wednesday, April 18, 2012

4-18-2012

One of the great things about living in our neighborhood is that when someone needs help, you get a lot of it. As soon as people found out about my leg,we had cookies, brownies, and meals set up for us. We finally told them to maybe bring some meals every other day just so that we would have room in our fridge for the next round. This is great, if I wasn't trying to eat right. I could definitely not do a paleo diet since it's usually Lasagnas, potato casseroles,lots of carbs, etc. Until, I'm back in the gym and making my own food, the best thing for me to do is portion control. The one good thing about my leg hurting, is that I'm not able to go upstairs very much because it feels like my leg is breaking with each step. This means that I'm not just snacking every time I walk past the fridge.
I went to the Dr for my check up and my leg and foot were extremely swollen still. So the dr ordered another 5 days of antibiotic IVs. The only problem is that my current IV line wasn't meant for more than 4 or 5 days so they had to remove it and install a PICC line into my arm. Basically what that does is runs a small tube through a vein in your arm all the way to your heart. Although it was not horrible, I'd prefer not to do that again. I may have mentioned this is a very frustrating infection because I don't feel sick and want to be elsewhere but I can't leave and I'm extremely bored. I have a follow up with the Dr on Monday and I'll get an idea when I'll be done with this nasty bacteria.

One great thing about Adam, is, he doesn't care how you are feeling or who you are, if you are in his seat, he will go ahead and sit there anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment