Sunday, May 6, 2012

I haven't updated this for a few days because my days are quite similar and boring and if I do still have someone that reads this, I didn't think you would want to read "rode the airdyne bikes and then went home and watched a lot of tv" for every day.  So there you go, I skipped a few days on your behalf.

I have made it to the gym every day this past week but there isn't much you can do to mix up my exercises yet.  With the Airdyne, one day I'll try just riding it for as long as I can, the next day, I'll try to mix it up with the rowing machine and one day I did 20 minutes of Tabata sprint for 20 seconds and rest for 10 seconds.  Whatever I did, I still hate that machine.  Hopefully I get my PICC line out tomorrow so that I can start incorporating weights back into my workout.  One thing that I hadn't really thought about was that my back was not hurting as bad for the past couple of weeks so I was looking forward to doing the full WOD every day.  But, as I'm starting to spend more time on standing up, my back is starting to hurt again, so I guess that it was just better because I wasn't putting pressure on it.  The worst part of that means that I wills still be doing a lot of that darn Airdyne bike instead of running during the WODs.

There is one advantage to having all of this happen.  One of my neighbors has season tickets to the Jazz and I guess they felt sorry for me so they offered me tickets to the Playoff game yesterday.  I realize it was pity tickets but I'll take that type of pity all day long.  The Jazz lost and my leg is more swollen and red today but it was nice to actually get out of the house for more than a trip to the doctor.

The last plan that my doctor had for me was to pull out the PICC line tomorrow if my leg looks a lot better.  The doctor told me I could go back to work with it in but my insurance won't pay for it if I go back to work because I'm on "Home Health" and home health isn't covered if you're gone that much.  So I'm crossing my fingers that they can put me on penicillin pills for a couple of reasons.  First, I'm not getting any paid while I'm at home and we're quickly running out of money.  More important, I'm driving Katie crazy and she'd like to get back to not having me at home all of the time.  So let's hope things go well tomorrow.

Jazz Playoffs Lower Bowl seats!

No comments:

Post a Comment