Sunday, May 27, 2012

Caveman

I have never tried the paleo diet or any of the low carb diets just for the main reason that it would be a major pain for Katie to make a meal for the rest of the family and then me make my own.  So it's always been easier to just do the weight watchers counting points thing and eating what they eat and losing most of the weight by doing Crossfit along with it.  But this time, with the hurt back, I'm not really doing all of the full out WODs so I'm not losing weight very quickly.  I've tried to talk Katie into doing a caveman type of diet with me but it doesn't sound very good to her and she's already skinny, so it's always been a no.
Well, her friend has gotten toned lately and she asked what she was doing and she's doing paleo.  So now our family is going to try paleo.  I should have had her friends talk her into a long time ago.

So I finally get to experience what the rest of the class has been talking about.  The funny thing is, the rest of the class is starting some new eating challenge on June 4th with an entry fee of $50.  Because of all of the hospital bills that we've accrued during the past few months of fun and adventure, I will be trying to pay some of those instead of paying to join the contest, but we decided to start the same day.  So it looks like whenever I try to catch up with the newest, hip, eating phase that my friends go through, I'll probably always be one step behind them.  Oh well, at least we'll all be suffering together and maybe I can get their old paleo papers since they'll have something new.

The best part about this is knowing that we have a week to get rid of all of the old bad food in the house.  So at least I'll be able I'm going to be eating great for the next week.  Once again, I'm excited to start this new phase but also dreading it at the same time.  Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment