Monday, June 4, 2012

We began our healthy eating today.  Usually in the morning, I get home from class around 7:20 and have to leave for work by 7:40.  So I'm usually grabbing a string cheese and a fiber bar on my way out the door.  I thought I would just have some whey powder and a banana but I looked at the whey powder and it has a lot of sugar in it so I didn't dare have it.  So I hurried and scrambled some ham and eggs and had to eat it while driving.  That probably wasn't very safe.  I made a chicken salad with almond slices and sunflower seeds for lunch but I didn't know what I could do for salad dressing so I just put some oil and vinegar on it.  I'm going to have to do some research on that cause that was pretty bland.  I grabbed an apple for a snack but I was starving by dinner time.  For dinner, we had more eggs baked with spinach, ham, onions, and mushrooms.  It wasn't bad.  Katie also baked some coconut biscuits made with an almond flour and we had them with honey.  I wouldn't say it was the best biscuit I've ever had but I think it will be a good replacement.  We had some fruit for desert. Now that I've had some time to read a little more, I'm apparently not supposed to have fruit that late in the day if I'm trying to lose weight but I imagine it's still better than a bowl of ice cream or bunch of Cheetos.  So we have a little bit of learning but I'm pretty happy that I've made it through the day. 

This diet has been even more of a pain for Katie because she basically spent all day in the kitchen trying to figure out recipes for Megan that will keep her happy while she's on this.  We don't want her to see this as anything negative.  I've had a headache all evening and maybe it's because I'm detoxing from sugar.  Maybe it's because I had a hard day at work.  I'm not sure.  Apparently day 2 is supposed to be the worst one for withdrawing from the sugars.  So yeah, I'm real excited about that.  It will be interesting to see how much energy I have for whatever the WOD is tomorrow. 

Ham and Egg omelet "to go"




 

No comments:

Post a Comment