Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The good news is I've already lost 5 lbs on this diet.  The bad news is, it's probably all water weight (from tears, cause I'm on this diet).  We've actually been able to make some decent meals but I've decided that the paleo experts aren't great cooks, especially when it comes to desserts.  Katie is an excellent cook and an expert dessert maker and she's tried a couple of these already and they do as a substitute, but you still miss the real stuff.  She made some chocolate chip cookies that were more like cocoa blobs.  She also had tried a raspberry bars on that was on a crust but the crust had almost no taste, so it might have been better to just eat raspberries.  She actually threw most of them away.  She's getting better at making different "breads" though, so we've been able to able to have some pretty tasty sandwiches using guacamole as the spread.
We've been told that our tastes will change and we'll actually like some food that we haven't really liked before. We hoped this would happen with sweet potatoes because neither of us really enjoy them.  A lot of our friends like them and try to make them sweeter by cooking them so that they caramelize but we want to tame the taste so we tried baking them basted with vinegar and seasoning, I could stomach them more than I've been able to in the past but my tastes apparently haven't changed to where I'm enjoying foods that I used to like. . 
Today's WOD is called Cindy.  It's a performance WOD that you use to track your results.  It's as many rounds as possible (AMRAMP) of 5 pullups, 10 pushups, and 15 squats in 20 minutes.  The best I've ever done on it was 14 rounds.  Today, I only got in 12 rounds and that was with jumping pullups so there's definitely some room for improvement but I was pretty happy that I was able to get through the WOD with minimal back pain. I'll have to wait and see if I have any back improvement when I do something like kettle bells again but it overall I was happy to actually do a WOD instead of riding the dreadful Airdyne.


No comments:

Post a Comment