Friday, June 22, 2012



It's been a long time since I've written in this and I have done a horrible job of exercising this week.  I no longer work for Google. I started a new job this week with Cardlytics and I have been training at their headquarters in Atlanta.  I was actually pleased that I was able to handle my back pain while walking and standing in a lot of lines in the airports.  The doctor also told me that I had to wear compression socks on the plane because she was concerned that my leg is still swollen and I am at a higher risk for blood clots on a 4 hr flight. 
I did get a couple of complements on them from old ladies but most people just stared because they were speechless, probably overcome by my awesomeness and amazing style.  I could have worn pants but I like to be comfortable when I travel.  Plus, I didn't really care cause I new I'd never see these people again.



The bigger issue was trying to stay paleo while eating at great places.  I was able to eat salads during our lunches but we were taken out to great places for dinner and that's where it got tough. 
One night we went to a famous burger joint called The Vortex.  I thought I would be good and so I didn't touch any of the appetizers.  Like the deep fried Zucchini:        Or the chips and Salsa:






I also skipped the Elvis burger which I really wanted to try.  (It had peanut butter and fried bananas on it.)


Another tempting one was the double heart attack burger.  It had fried eggs on it and instead of the bun, it had grilled cheese sandwiches on the top and the bottom.



I decided to get the Carnivorgasm Burger which had a lot of different types of meat on it and just not eat the bun. 
The Carnivorgasm
 It had a sirloin patty, a turkey patty, pulled barbecued chicken, bacon, sliced ham, turkey, I thought that if I just didn't eat the bun, I would still be sticking pretty much to paleo but who am I kidding, this thing was not healthy and still probably 3000 calories and I couldn't scrape all of the cheese off.  It was delicious, but I think occasionally, we can over justify what we are eating just because we didn't eat the bread.  It probably would have been healthier to eat a loaf of bread but man was it tasty.

After that, I decided that if Katie and Megan were still sticking to strictly paleo, that I would have to try to harder. Another night we went to a cajun restaurant and everything, even the chicken and steak were breaded or deep fried. I ended up getting a grilled chicken salad. On the menu it was a crispy chicken strip salad. (But me being the amazing health food nut, asked them to change it to grilled chicken).  After my experience at these places, this is what the rest of my meals ended up looking like:

Pineapples and Berries. I wouldn't really trying to go strictly paleo while you're traveling but Overall, although I missed out on some great smelling food, I was happy with my food choices. 

I packed gym clothes but I was so tired every night, I didn't even get them out of the suitcase.  I'm not happy about that but I'm home and not really looking forward to getting back at the gym cause it's going to hurt.  I wonder if the Airdyne missed me while I was gone?






The Vortex

 My new work mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment