Thursday, August 2, 2012

They've changed the Thursday morning schedule to where there's only one teacher at 6 am and they combine both the regular class and the Crossfit Lite Class and we all just do the same WOD.  Guess who came in last out of both classes?  I bet you'll never get it.
 Today's WOD was:
AD 1600 m
50 Sit-ups
50 Back Ext.
Run 800 m (I rowed this)
40 Med Ball Sit-ups- 20lbs
40 Russian KBS-70lbs (Still can't do it.)
Row 400 m
30 Med Ball Russian Twist- 15 lbs
30 Banded Good Mornings- green/blue

Have you guessed who came in last place yet?  I mean I'm used to coming in last in the regular class but to have all the Lite people pass me up, seriously blows.  The good news is I was able to do most of this.   I still can't do Kettlebells. I even tried it at 53 lbs but it was still too painful so I had to do 35lbs (less than the girls weight.)  But to be able to do all of the other things, even at my snail like pace, was a great feeling for me. 

 It's been almost 4 months since I started my "quest."  I remember back then thinking that by August, I should be back into shape and be able to RX the WODs by now.  I thought that by August, I'd be able to focus more on improving my times and results.  I thought I'd look back at those months and figure that all of that had sucked but it was worth it because I would have lost at least 40 lbs and my back would be all better.  Well I was right on part of my thinking.  It has SUCKED.  Well there were a couple of hiccups and I'm not quite where I thought I would be.  It hasn't been all bad though, I'm down 20 lbs but I'm not quite there physically, where I had planned.  Still, I'm happy with the progress that I'm making and I'm going to keep seeing what else I can add to help with the back pain.

8/1 Really happy?


No comments:

Post a Comment